Nature Therapy Retreats
We develop sensitivity through our senses as we “learn” through experience….moving, drawing and seeing, creating, feeling, and self-reflecting when in a relaxed and emotionally safe environment. Connection to the heart promotes mindfulness, intuition, compassion, awareness, and presence in the therapeutic relationship. In The Secret Teachings of Plants (a workshop reading), Stephen Buhner demonstrates how the great naturalists Thoreau, Burbank, Goethe, Fukuoka and others achieve a direct perception of nature using the intelligence of the Heart.
Throughout the world there is a tradition of direct perception of nature through the intelligence of the Heart. Recent discoveries in neuroscience have proven that over 50% of the Heart is comprised of neural cells. The Heart is, in fact, a brain in its own right. Heart-centered perception can be exceptionally accurate and detailed in its information gathering capacities, as indigenous and ancient peoples assert. S.H.Buhner
During the weekend, you will:
- Study evidence-based research that underpins benefits of nature therapy.
- Learn not techniques, but how to discover your unique way to connect to your “inner wisdom” to benefit your connection with Nature.
- Learn to develop your “inner wise therapist” to help your clients use Nature to promote their healing.
- Experience strategies for therapist self care.
- Partake in hands-on artistic creation/writing/drawing as acts of nature connection.
- Learn natural practices for unfulfillment, depression, anxiety, and other maladies. Some researchers are finding that we are suffering from "nature deficit disorder"...well we will help you learn to cure this disorder in yourself and your clients.
Applying this to your therapy practice:
We immerse you in the Nature setting through creative experiences like journal writing/drawing, mindfulness practices, walking and focusing perception. This immersion enables you will to find your therapeutic client-centered approach.
Our senses are living organs intended to receive communications. They connect us to, interweave us with, the stream of informational energy that comes to us every moment of every day that we live. Focusing perception through the senses immerses the self in the Earth’s sensory flows...S.H. Buhner
Come join us. We would love to share in this experience with you. And it is a great honor for us to give you this benefit and to know this will be contributing to the many others you will touch with your Heart.
Retreat locations and prices vary. See "Upcoming Retreats" for details.
For $160, therapists can get an additional 10 CEU's for reading The Secret Teachings of Plants by Stephen H. Buhner, and answering four essay questions. This is also the main reading for the retreats, and will significantly enhance your experience. If you are attending a retreat, you can submit your responses at any time before or after the retreat.
Renew Your Passion provides services in the area of couples therapy, marriage counseling, couples counseling, couples & relationship counseling, anxiety & depression counseling, sex addiction and pornography counseling, and addiction counseling in Seattle and Shoreline, WA.
Our preferred method of contact is by email.
1424 NE 155th St #206
Shoreline, WA 98155